View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 10:05 AM   #2502
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

MORE INCEPTION SPOILERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Ok, so I saw it again tonight, and they definitely don't show them on screen hooking up to Fischer, but I've got to assume that's what they did. It's the only thing that really makes sense--they had to go there to "retrieve" his subconscious so that Eames could wake him up with the Defib (Leo has a line to the effect of, "You can't just wake him up with the defib--his mind's already there). The only way this makes any sense whatsoever is if they hooked up to him, since neither of them had "died" at that point and therefore gotten to Limbo that way.

And the other thing is that they're all hooked up to each other in real life, which technically is the only thing that matters. It'd be a violation of the standard procedure we see throughout the movie, but really they can enter limbo any way they want, since none of it is real anyway.
I do agree that it would make sense that they went into Fischer's head, and that it actually was limbo. But not showing it is super confusing. Cobb and Ariadne are not even close to his body when they go in, and they show Fischer waking up from the Defib not being attached to anything or anyone. I don't need to see them actually hook up the tubes. One scene of them laying next to fischer would be enough.

Yes, I know it's all a dream at that point, so why even need a machine (I made that point earlier). But the movie spends a large amount of time creating rules/steps/processes only to just abandon them at the end.

Thanks for confirming what happened in the scene.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 08-31-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote