View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 04:05 AM   #2512
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Other than Sweeny Todd (which I didn't like), all of the movies you named are more than 15 years old. Ever since Ed Wood it's all been the same recycled mediocre crap. Yeah, nobody else is doing that thing, but what if that thing is boring and uninspired?

Off the top of my head, the movies he's made in the past 10-12 years are

Sleepy Hollow
Planet of the Apes
Big Fish
The Corpse Bride
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Sweeney Todd
Alice in Wonderland

Same re-hash, sh*tty remake or adaptation over and over again. Okay, he branched out a little with Big Fish, but even that was almost a decade ago now (and I thought that movie was way overrated anyway.) And yes, The Corpse Bride was technically an original movie, but why the hell would anyone watch that movie when they can just watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. Burton just strikes me as one of those people who started off as a real artist and sort of became a hack. His films have basically become Burton by numbers. Believe me, I used to be the biggest Tim Burton fan you'd ever meet, but it has been a very long time since he's made something I thought was worth watching.
He has sucked recently but he will always get a pass from me for making the first two batman movies that were AWESOME.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote