View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 02:35 AM   #36
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
I am inclined to agree with you. I actually hope this is true. History has shown that trading and signing difference makers (at least for the mavs) hasn't worked out. You can do that if the rest of your team is solid. But when they are not it usually results in the weaking of the team in multi other area's. There is also team chemistry to consider. It is always somewhat of a gamble. You can't always just go by a players stats because they are geared to another team and might not translate to the mavs.

Just look at what Oklahoma has done in just a few years. They have a solid team that will be solid for many years to come. Now they have the resources to work out trades or sign difference makers with out gutting their roster or selling out their futures. This was the result of long term planning and not a year by year rolling of the dice.
Well, considering that any recent draft pick will likely be 2-3 years away from being very good to outstanding I do not hope that we only develop difference makers. We MUST make a mid season trade with our expiring contracts or we won't be winning anything with Dirk. After reading your post again, I don't think you are necessarily against a trade with our expiring contracts for a true difference maker but, if you are, yeah - I don't agree at all.