View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #2862
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I do not understand starting Butler over Marion. Butler is a perfect scorer to help the second unit, and Marion's one role on this team is to defend elite scorers. Why would you screw up the early game matchups between Marion and the elite scorers?
That's exactly why a few weeks ago I was pushing for Marion to be the starting 3 over Butler, with or without Roddy in the equation.

I'm sure Butler is a very capable defender when he's "at the 3" but Marion has already shown what he can do and I highly doubt Butler can match or surpass that consistently.

The bench does have players who can score (Jet or Roddy, Barea and maybe DoJo). The problem is you don't have scores you can count on with consistency, Butler automatically fixes that issue. If you're defensively sound to start, you can build up a lead and have these scores hopefully keep a lead going or at least keep them in the game for when the starters come back.