View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
UPDATE – 5pm EST – All things point to Jerry Jones replacing Wade Phillips after the game in Houston on Sunday. I have had a few other people come forward to me within NFL circles and they are more than ever of the same belief that Jerry knows how bad he would look if his team didn’t make the playoffs because he waited to pull the plug on Phillips. He is preparing for it as we speak. His belief is a new coach and not just any coach would make the difference in winning what you deem a game that you should win, rather than losing like they did on Sunday against Chicago. The belief is that Phillips is good for another screw up and he already has one too many under his watch. In a tight division you can’t give away games and Jerry seems to finally see that Phillips isn’t the man to lead them to the promised land. If you keep Phillips on until the end of the year, you risk losing what could have been a great season. What it boils down to now is that Jerry wants a long term solution and will do whatever it takes to make his team be a favourite once again in the NFC. When you look at the rest of the Cowboys’ schedule there are about 4 games in which Dallas should definitely get the win. Then come the games in which talent and coaching should prevail, which is what Jerry is really struggling over, knowing full well what has already happened this season. If you subtract Phillips from the picture and bring in a proven winner as head coach, Dallas wins at least 10 games and gets into the playoffs. If you stay status quo, this team struggles to make the playoffs or even plays .500 ball. Take a look at the next 14 games and you will see what I am speaking about when breaking down the schedule. I encourage all readers to do that in the comment section. I will be back tomorrow to post any other pertinent info to the story. But here is quote from Jimmy Johnson today to make you all wonder a little more about the coaching staff.

This is what Jimmy Johnson had to say.

“I’ve been talking to Troy [Aikman] about this,” Johnson said by phone, “and when I see the penalties, the assignment mistakes and just the undisciplined nature of the Cowboys, it’s hard not to yell. That stuff goes back to the coaching, whether it was once me, or someone else. There is one thing about football. If a team is sloppy on Sunday, it almost without exception means the team was sloppy all week in practice. And there is no excuse for that. I know Wade agrees with me on this, but there’s just too much sloppiness with this football team.”

UPDATE – 7pm EST – One of my original two sources on this story has stated that Jerry Jones wants a long term solution for his HC and is really working the phones about getting this done. Believe it or not, the name of Jimmy Johnson has been mentioned to me before but not until getting confirmation at dinner tonight. I now believe Johnson could actually be among one of the three former head coaches that Jones seriously wants roaming the Dallas sidelines. Who would you take – Johnson, Billick or Cowher?
link

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-23-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote