View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
You mean politicians would now get paid based on actual measurable performance!!!

On the surface, I am in serious favor of such a concept.

This would keep both Republicans and Democrats in some type of accountability, as both are guilty of spending other peoples money for special "Ear Mark" interest...all in an effort to stay in power by spending money for votes.

It will be interesting to see how this experiment translates in the coming years for Slovakia. Kinda wonder if a similar concept can be tested within some local city, county or state entities?
I don't know...Local, city, state types want to be politicians as much for the connections and deals they can swing later as they do the salary. In general I sort of feel the same way about this scenario, but I would like to see it happen.

I would also like to see our state governments quit trying to blackmail the electorate when it comes time to do budget cuts with a "we must lay off x number of workers" instead of a...we will cut the pay by x%. That way the blackmail of classless students and fires burning out of control would not be effective.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote