View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #140
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well first of all, my comments aren't really born from this game. Heck Butler's going to end up having a pretty nice night. It's more about what I saw all of last year continuing.

As far as Marion, it's not that he's so great that he has to start. You'll notice I'm not arguing about who should finish games, or even how their minutes should be distributed.

My point with Marion is that he's our best swingman defender by a mile, and I don't see how it makes sense to start the first six-plus minutes of each half with him on the bench when you know the elite scorers will be on the floor. Obviously he will still find himself on the floor with the elite scorers, but why set yourself up for those 12 minutes every game?

The other side of my point is that I suspect Caron would be much more effective as the focal point of an offense, which he could do for stretches when Dirk is on the bench. And he still could depending on how Carlisle works his sub patterns, but I just think it makes more sense to bring him off the bench.
I don't think Marion is gonna be starting if Caron is healthy. I get your point about Marion but take into consideration that we struggle out of the gates with slow starts quite a bit. Obviously RC is making that a priority to fix and keep us from having to climb out of a hole due to lack of offense and flow. Caron isn't a bad defender at all and I don't see many situations that he gets us killed, even if so bring in Marion. Of course this all probably depends on if Roddy is worthy of the 2.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote