View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #32
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
I just want to point our AGIAN that we really should appreciate what Jet has done for this team. What is this like his 5th years with the team?? And every year they have asked him to change his role or fill a different role. And he has done wit without complaint.
I absolutely agree. Jet has been a huge asset. He came in when Nash left, with fans out for blood. Yet he made himself a fan favorite and made the Jet-Dirk 2 man game a deadly weapon. Then he remade himself into 6th man of the year material.

But his skill set is changing with age, and the teams needs have changed as the personell has. The need now is a backup PG without JJB's liabilities. Barea can only take over games for a few minutes when teams have forgotten to defend him. When he goes into that mode, he becomes a ball hog who wastes clock time dribbling and who is easily blocked.

There is nothing JJB can do that Terry doesn't do better except dribble. Jet gets more respect from defenses, which would open things up for the rest if the 2nd unit. He would gladly play that role if asked, and he would then remain the captain of the 2nd unit. RC would trust him, so Kidd would get more rest.

Watching Barea run the offense during the PHX Outdoor exhibition with Terry on the bench only reinforces my desire to see more Jet ant less JJb.

I think this is the ultimate no brainer. So how do we make it happen? Is anybody in the MBT listening?
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote