View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #43
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
we've definitely seen flashes, and I think enough to warrant minutes through the ups and downs of a learning curve. But yeah, we can only hope he's good enough to fill out the minutes we need from an NBA starter. We're kinda stuck with hope, though, at the 2 guard and for a 2nd scorer.
What else are the Mavs going to do? During the early part of the regular season, I could see easing him into those minutes by giving Terry a bit more of the burn, but as the season progresses the Mavs have to give Beaubois those minutes and see what happens. If he can't be the SG and the 2nd scorer, the team has to make a move at the break or resign itself to another disappointing postseason.

And please, don't anyone suggest that Butler can be either: 1) a SG, or 2) the 2nd scorer on this team. He doesn't create his own shot well enough, handle well enough, and he's not efficient enough. He fits better in the starting lineup than Marion does because he is at least a threat to score and defends the SF spot fairly well (i.e., he's a 2 way player, unlike Marion), but that's where it ends.

Bottom line: If the Mavs can turn Beaubois into a No. 2 scorer, then things could work out for this roster. If not, more changes are needed.