View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #46
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
What else are the Mavs going to do? During the early part of the regular season, I could see easing him into those minutes by giving Terry a bit more of the burn, but as the season progresses the Mavs have to give Beaubois those minutes and see what happens. If he can't be the SG and the 2nd scorer, the team has to make a move at the break or resign itself to another disappointing postseason.

And please, don't anyone suggest that Butler can be either: 1) a SG, or 2) the 2nd scorer on this team. He doesn't create his own shot well enough, handle well enough, and he's not efficient enough. He fits better in the starting lineup than Marion does because he is at least a threat to score and defends the SF spot fairly well (i.e., he's a 2 way player, unlike Marion), but that's where it ends.

Bottom line: If the Mavs can turn Beaubois into a No. 2 scorer, then things could work out for this roster. If not, more changes are needed.
Unfortunately I agree with you despite my thoughts on roddy. This team as it's constituted now is a one and done candidate (unless they really,really turn up their defensive intensity and I haven't seen that either).

I thought that the Al jefferson route to transform the team was a more solid one, but...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote