View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #71
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Sad but true.
I'm sure that our FO is fully aware of the likeliness of us not being able to beat the Lakers in a playoff series and thus willing to try and make the necessary moves later this season. The Lakers should have solved their two biggest weaknesses by adding another point guard as well as Matt Barnes. Blake is the much-needed upgrade at the 1, while he and Matt Barnes together improve the Lakers' once-worrisome lack of depth. One could argue that Blake and Barnes are bigger improvements for them than Tyson Chandler is for us. Not to mention that the Lakers were already better last year.

That said, Chandler isn't supposed to be a difference maker. He and Butler are our biggest trade assets come February. Our entire championship goals and hopes revolve around that deadline. Actually, I think the main reason why Chandler was brought in is because of his huge expiring contract. Depending on the quality of the offers early next year, we could add more expiring contracts (JJB, Stevenson) and/or cheap young talent (Roddy, Dojo).

Therefore, I'm not mad or concerned at this point. I only want us to be good enough to be among the four best teams in the conference, which sounds like a realistic goal. Then, in February, something really big has to happen for us to be in the championship race. If something along those lines didn't happen, then I would be sad because we’re running out of time. Not now.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote