View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #60
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
After watching Caron last season, im conviced that we need a true SG, and althought I love to have Iggy, I dont think he would be a good fit either....this team as constructed will need a consistent 20 point/per scorer besides Dirk and Iggy wont consistently score 20, maybe 16/7/5, which is nice dont get me wrong
There were only 10 guards in the NBA who averaged over 20 PPG last season - Kobe & Wade were two of them. Arenas and Martin were two more, but they both missed half the season. Stephen Jackson was another one, but he's not any more of a shooting guard than Butler. Brandon Roy, Joe Johnson and Derrick Rose managed 20+, but none of those guys are available. Maybe Tyreke Evans or Monta Ellis could be had, but I seriously doubt it...

Chauncy Billups averaged 19 PPG and even he's not available. The drop-off after him is so steep that names like "Jason Terry" start to top the list.

20 PPG SG's are a rarity in this league - if you don't already have one, then you probably need to figure out a different way to win...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote