View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #1078
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't agree with this. Bumgardner was really good last night, and it's not like he's some scrub. He a young, highly touted pitching prospect.

And Matt Cain is a great pitcher.

The offense did well against Lincecum. The Giants shut down the bats of the Braves and Phillies as well. This isn't a coincidence.

Obviously you don't give ALL of the credit to the pitchers. Some Rangers have not had good at bats at all (I'm staring right at the dead carcase of Vlad), and they've even had some bad luck (they barreled several balls last night that went right at people). But the Giants really do have a fantastic pitching staff and bullpen.
Here's the thing.. there were chances against Cane and TB. I would say that I was more impressed with TD though. I specifically remember a very hittable fastball that Cruz popped out with runners at 2nd and 3rd against Cane.. Also, Kinsler missed a jimmyjack by an inch.. another couple of shots might have gone out on a different night.

TB was rather dominant for the most part..even with an ump that probably missed 7-8 strikes in the first 3-4 innings. Yeah, his strike zone grew as the night went on though.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote