View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #59
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wade Phillips not at Valley Ranch?

link

IRVING -- As of 9 a.m. CT on Monday, Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips was not seen at Valley Ranch.

His leased SUV which is parked outside the scouting department's office was not there, but that doesn't mean the coach was fired. Phillips is taking heat following a 45-7 loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night which has put his team's losing streak at five games.

Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones normally meets with the coaches on Monday to watch film of the game, but it wasn't determined if that had happened yet.

After the loss, Jones said he wants to evaluate the entire organization and expressed frustration with his 1-7 team.

"There are a lot of people here who are certainly going to suffer and suffer consequences," Jones said after the game. "I'm talking about within the team, players, coaches, who have got careers. This is certainly a setback. I know first hand what it is to have high expectations."

Phillips would not confirm if he spoke to Jones after the game and wouldn't get into specifics regarding his job status. Cowboys officials are still planning a 4 p.m. CT news conference with Phillips.

"Wade is going to keep fighting," linebacker Keith Brooking said. "We're not going to lose him. I have so much respect for Wade, the man, [and] that he is the coach, the success that he's had in this league. In saying that, it's none of my business as far as what Mr. Jones is thinking and the decisions he's going to make. I fully support Wade. I believe in him and he's our head coach and that's the only way you can look it."
I guess now is as good a time as any to find out if Garrett is head coach material...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-08-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote