Thread: JJB Sucks
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #53
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

There is a difference between JJB being the 8th best player on the Mavericks as opposed to other #8 players on contending teams.

JJB always has the ball in his hands. He takes away from our other primary options (Caron, Dirk Jet) on the floor. The other #8s on other team compliment their stars/better players, whether through defense, shooting wide open threes, or being an energy guy. They do these things without the ball and within the flow of their offense / defense. When JJB comes in, unless he is on fire, I expect the flow to be disrupted. He just dominates the ball so much. But all in all, it is his defense that truly pisses me off.

Edit:

Below is a list of backup point guards that I would rather have than JJB:
Ty Lawson
Eric Maynor
George Hill
Goran Dragic
Jordan Farmar
Kyle Lowry
Steve Blake
Shannon Brown
Chris Duhon
Kirk Hinrich

Here is a list of backup point guards that is about on the same level as JJB but I would rather have because they are bigger and blacker (lol?)
CJ Watson
Ramon Sessions
Earl Watson
Randy Foye
Mario Chalmers
Jerred Bayless

There are teams other than contenders that have better #8 players.. It is just that their #1-#7s are terrible.

Last edited by nikeball; 11-08-2010 at 06:19 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote