Thread: JJB Sucks
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #57
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
Just because other team's #8 options are bad..or that other teams dont have 15 useful players.. doesnt mean we have to fit that standard. If you want to be a championship team then you have to find ways to constantly improve.. including who you put on the court.
I don't think you understood the comparisons to other teams' players. The point is whether it's reasonable to throw a fit about JJB all the time. The criticisms aren't being framed in terms of his spot in the roster, which is the 8th or 9th best guy. To determine what's reasonable to expect out of that spot on the roster, we necessarily need to look around the league.

And your point about improvement, while obviously true, doesn't really address the issue either. I'm not saying that we shouldn't try to improve at the position. If we have the opportunity to improve, let's go for it. I'm saying the amount of criticism he receives is disproportionate to his abilities and his spot in the pecking order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
There are teams other than contenders that have better #8 players.. It is just that their #1-#7s are terrible.
Several of the players you listed are not #8 players, so I hope that wasn't what you're implying. George Hill is probably the 4th or 5th best player on the Spurs. Yeah, I'd obviously trade JJB for him.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 11-08-2010 at 07:24 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote