View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 10:57 PM   #71
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

However, taking into consideration what is required to retool a team in a cap situation...I'd say it's either reinvent the wheel or walk.

Who says the Mavericks have to retool their team? They simply have to properly utilize the personnel they have.

That was my point K_G.

From where the team stands there are any number of ways second guessing can be done.

But look who is doing the second guessing. People that have limited information and have never been involved in the league in any form.

TwoDeep, you’re a smart guy, but this is one of the worst arguments I’ve ever heard. Are you honestly going to tell me I’m not allowed to criticize or second guess Nelson simply because I’ve never been involved in the NBA and I have “limited information”? Not only does that go against the whole idea of a message board (which I doubt is populated with many former or current NBA players, coaches, owners, etc.), but it also means that you also have no right to defend Nelson either. After all, you’ve never been involved in the NBA, and you and I have access to the exact same “information.” Plus, I hate the condescending tone here. Just because I haven’t played or coached in the NBA doesn’t mean I can’t comprehend the game and/or intelligently critique Nelson’s performance. If you want to disagree with my critique, that’s fine. You’ve been wrong before...

That is not to take away this greatest of indoor spectator sports.

But the immediate 0-60 expectation posts about why aren't they winning it all is borne from lack of patience and hubris.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but my expectations for the Mavericks (and for Nelson) are based upon my assessment of the team and how it compares to the other teams in the Western Conference, not lack of patience. What are your expectations of the team (and of Nelson)?

People have immediacy expectations when it may take a little longer than one suspects or desires.

So what are your expectations?

And the basketball buzz-phrase posts meant to give insight are coming from people that watch the game on TV or from the stands.

Last time I checked, that’s everybody on this message board. If you don’t think that fans should offer their opinions about the Mavericks, you’re on the wrong website.

The complexity of running a lemonade stand are lost to those that choose to stand and drink without slicing a lemon.

I see, so we should slice a lemon, or by analogy, get involved in the coaching of the Mavericks before we comment on how the team is being coached? Again, ridiculous logic that goes against the very idea of a message board.