Thread: JJB Sucks
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #61
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
I understand why JJB is on the floor when Kidd is not. I get it. Right now the Mavs don't really have a lot of other options. I still say they would be better off with JET but I can accept that maybe JJB is the only way to go at backup PG.

What I do not understand and cannot accept is why every single game he spends significant minutes on the floor WITH Kidd playing Shooting Guard.

That just makes NO sense. They'd be better off with Stephenson out there (by the way, what happened to him??) than JJB at SG with Kidd. It's ridiculous... and proof that Carlisle remains completely blind to Barea's limitations.
That is why he was and still is on the team. It has to do with Kidds limitations. More adjustments are made because of Kidds limitations than any other player on this team. Now Kidd brings a lot of things to this team that was lacking before he got here. To keep him on the floor those adjustments are deemed by the staff to be worth the trade off.

Kidd can not break down the D off the dribble. He is a great high IQ passer who only hits shots when he is open. The other teams know this and play him accordingly. JJB can break down the D off the dribble with a man on him which Terry can not. Terry goes to the hole only off picks and screens or when his man is not playing him very closely. If he played point he would be under constant pressure and a turn over machine.

Kidd has trouble playing quick points like CP3, rondo, parker and most of the new points who came in to the league last year. JJB is put into the line up to stay in front of those players while Kidd plays the slower two or three. Actually the team plays zone not as some of you believe to compensate for JJB but to compensate for Kidd. That is also why Chandler is always in the line up with Kidd. because he plays well off the ball defense and can compenste for the guards' defensive libilities, especially Kidds. Zones are especially effective at stopping drives into the lane off the dribble.

So for those of you that don't percieve it yourselves- JJB is here because of Kidd. He is playing because Roddy who is at worst a major upgrade to JJB is injured. When he comes back the problem is solved to a degree. The problem with this team is that it is filled with too many one or two dimentional players who need other unidimentional players to balence them out. The place where it starts is the point. We really need a complete point guard, one who can create off the dribble and pass. A point who can stay in front of the multipule new quick points in the league so that whe can have a normal two instead of one that has to compensate for our points shortcomings. That is the reality and everything begins and ends there.

Getting rid of JJB would not solve this teams problems. Getting rid of JJB would create more problems unless the reason he is here is corrected first.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote