View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #110
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
I'm hoping Garrett is the guy next year....

....no, seriously, I am.....

The thing about re-treads, like Cower, is that they've already retired once....they've already said, "I've won my trophies, had my fun, and I don't need the workload anymore." Coaching is for the most part a younger man's game these days. I think Cower / Gruden et al may be relatively safe picks but ultimately Bill Parcel redos.

Here's what I'm looking for from the team over the next 8 weeks - some fight, some discipline, a tendency to either play smarter on the field or get bitchslapped when they get back to the sidelines. I don't need W's under Garrett immediately, I just need some of the nonsense gone. If we see this team looking less like a bunch of p-diddlies and boneheads then I wouldn't be disappointed to see Redball back next year.
I can understand that sentiment with guys like Cowher or Dungy etc... but I don't think you can put Gruden in the same category. He's still a pretty young guy (granted, Cowher isn't much older but still) and most of all he's very obviously still passionate about the game and is not done coaching by a long shot. Remember, Gruden didn't "retire" at all. He lost his job in Tampa Bay, and has given no indication at all that he wants to give up coaching. You really can't compare to him to Parcells, who was already in his 60's when he came here and was CLEARLY burnt out on the game and didn't have the same fire he'd shown in his glory days.

Either way, all I know for sure is I don't want Jason Garret to have anything to do with this team. Seriously, I blame him for this team's current condition as much as I do Wade.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 11-09-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote