View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 02:40 AM   #85
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

wow, i was just procrastinating from my studies and came across this very interesting thread . . . probably the most interesting one i've read in my two years of posting on message boards, primarily mavtalk (although i decided to stop posting like 6 months ago as my life gets busier and my interest in sports begin to wane a bit)

but anyways, i just wanted to say that i agree with pretty much everything kg veteran has posted on here. and also some of the other posters who have been critical of nelson's coaching methods. i've also tried to post criticism of nelson before, but have only been met with backlash wherever i go.

i've always thought the mavs are a success today more because of nelson's abilities as a GM than as a coach, and also because of the deep pockets of mark cuban. many posters tend to forget that not many coaches and gms have the maneuvering flexibility that nelson has been given. guys like nve and raef are here primarily because of cuban. nelson should consider himself very lucky in this regard.

also, although the mavs are winning more these days, for some reason, i've become less of a fan. part of it is because i'm so busy, but another part is that i'm not a big fan of the mavs playing style. this "everybody has the green light to shoot" style of play works in the regular season because there's less nerves and tension and the opposition's defense is not as stifling, but come playoffs, rhythm is key and the mavs run-and-gun style can easily go awry as any case of nerves and tougher defense from the opposition can lead to many bad perimeter shooting nights. at some point, the mavs need to develop an inside game and start giving nowitzki the ball more deep in the post. i know nowitzki's not the best post player right now, but i feel the regular season is a good time for him to start getting comfortable down there before playoffs begin. anyways, there's a lot of other issues that bother me about the mavs, although the positives definitely outweight the cons at this point.

anyways, it's funny to see twodeep going off on his "everybody's being immature and need to be patient" bit that i've seen on mavtalk. i actually respect his posts but when he starts telling posters that they're not in the position to be analyzing the mavericks, i start to get a little defensive. there's a difference between constructive criticism and bashing and i don't think anyone's bashing the mavs here. we're all just continuously looking for ways to make the mavs better. hence, a message board, where everyone gets to be a virtual coach and gm.

anyways, my two cents. props to this board. i hardly visit here anymore, but from the looks of things, the board's doing just fine.

back to my studies

(hopefully, madape doesn't chew me out again this time.)
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote