View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #108
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
The haywood hate is because the dude is averaging 5 rpg and has averaged about 2 pg over the last three.

I think your perspective may be a little off if you are going to bash the dirkster for "getting destroyed on the boards" while giving wood a pass for his great rebounding effort.
I'm not saying Haywood was great, I just felt like it was weird to harp on him this game. I certainly didn't think he killed the Mavs, as the poster I responded to said he did. I DID also mention the terrible rebounding he turned in the two games before this one. Haywood also scored some very key buckets late in the game. Seven points in 17 minutes is VERY nice production from a center for us.

As for Dirk, I am reluctant to criticize him when he has to shoulder so much offensively, but rebounding was the major reason we lost and he was a big part of the problem.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote