View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #102
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Sure there is. When Jet and Barea are on the court together, there is a point guard on the floor. We don't know that the same can be said when Jet and Roddy are on the floor together.

I feel like there is this sort of disconnect, between looking at what we deem as a player's overall sort of talent level and looking at how he can play his position. At least when it comes to the backcourt, that is. I think we would all agree that Terry or Beaubois, regardless how good they are as NBA players, can't play the power forward. Why do we seem to think that they necessarily can play the point guard?

I think Barea is a better point guard than Terry. I feel pretty strongly about that, actually. I suspect that Barea is a better point guard than what Roddy will be this year. So why should I expect those guys to take his position?
Jason Terry didn't run point for their run to the championship series??

Surely you are not saying JJ is a prototypical pass first, keep the offense flowing point guard?

edit: I just noticed you said simply that you think JJ is a better pg than Terry. Can't argue with your opinion I suppose. I would just say neither are really point guards in the typical sense...and one has MUCH more pg experience than the other and that happens to be the one that is a much better basketball player.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 11-25-2010 at 12:33 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote