View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #162
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well, as I've said before, I guess we'll see. Jet stopped playing the point when Kidd got here. I've always assumed that this was because they were now able to play Jet 30+ minutes at SG without getting killed defensively.

Before Kidd was here there were only so many matchups that would allow you to play Jet exclusively at SG. And rather than not play him, they played him at PG where he could still contribute.

I think that's what is going to happen this season.
Yes, I agree that Terry and Kidd work well together in the backcourt. However, if the sole reason Terry plays the 2 is due to Kidd, why is Terry our sixth man? Why, when he's with the second unit as much as he is, has he not played a little bit of point? According to 82games, he played 2% of the minutes at the point in 08-09, and so far in 10-11, he hasn't played a minute there. (for some reason, I don't see 09-10 on the sight...not sure why)

It just seems like over the course of 82 games, there would be times where the matchups would dictate Terry at the point guard, when Barea was not playing well and one of the shooting guards was. Even this year, Terry's starting the year hot, and Barea hasn't, and yet no change. I'd think that if this was truly an option, Terry would steal a few minutes from Barea at times.

I hope that Terry does play the point later in the year when Roddy returns because from what I've seen, I think he could do it for short stretches. However, everything I've seen from Carlisle indicates he does not believe Terry can/should do that anymore. And no, I have no clue how RC plans to manage the minutes. Maybe even though he prefers Terry at the 2, he will feel he has to play him at the point just so Roddy can get minutes. I'm not ruling it out. But even if that happens, he still doesn't have to like JET at the 1.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote