View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 10:33 AM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised if Dirk had something to do with this, but it sounds like Holger Geschwinder had a bigger hand in this.

Mavericks Notes
Ex-Mavs guard weighs options
By Art Garcia
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

DALLAS - Dirk Nowitzki's personal coach/adviser, Holger Geschwinder, took a liking to Adam Harrington, often spending extra time after Mavericks practice working with the undrafted free-agent rookie. The relationship could turn into a job for Harrington, who was waived by the Mavs on Tuesday.

Geschwinder, who visits Dallas a couple of times a season, has talked to Harrington about joining the Wurzburg X-rays, Nowitzki's former German club team. Harrington said he intends to spend the next couple of days exploring his options. He has ruled out the NBDL, the NBA's developmental league.

"I miss playing, but I learned what it takes to be a pro," Harrington said of his stint with the Mavericks. "I loved being here on a team capable of winning a championship. I'm 22 years old. A lot of people don't get this chance. I'll be back."

The Mavs waived Harrington, a 6-foot-5 guard from Auburn, before his contract became guaranteed for the season on Friday. Mavs coach Don Nelson said there is no chance of Harrington returning this season on a 10-day contract but hopes the guard considers playing on the Mavs' summer-league team.

"He's worked hard here, and we've been a tremendous benefit to him at this point," Nelson said. "Now he needs to go out and find a place to play every day."

Harrington, a long shot to make the team at the start of training camp, appeared in 13 games for the Mavs, averaging less than a point an outing.