View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #39
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/ar...ff-lee-to.html

Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler said that Cliff Lee told him via text message that the Rangers were again at his Arkansas home.

"Basically, I said, 'What's going on in Arkansas?' He said, 'the Rangers are down here again,'" Kinsler said on KESN-FM. "I was like, 'Well, just sign whatever they give you.' He said, 'Let's see what happens. We have to wait it out.'

"I said, 'Remember, I like being your teammate.' And he said, 'I do, too, but we have to wait it out.' I said, 'Just sign it.' And then he sent me a picture of a deer (that one of Lee's friends bagged)."

When Kinsler was asked if other Rangers teammates were recruiting Lee, he replied: "Not too much."

Rangers CEO Chuck Greenberg, president Nolan Ryan and general manager Jon Daniels flew to Little Rock and met with Lee on Nov. 15.

"We got the answers we wanted, and we reconfirmed our interest in bringing him back," Ryan said after the Nov. 15 gathering. "We left feeling good about the meeting, and I do think Cliff is very interested in playing here again."

Following those face-to-face talks Ryan said he wanted to meet with Lee again, preferably before the winter meetings.

Those meetings take place in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., Dec. 6-10.