View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #193
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaadverse View Post
Not that your "cause I said so" argument isn't compelling, but Riley doesn't want to coach. He has nothing left to prove in that area. You were probably convinced that Barry Sanders would be back because that all time rushing leader slot was high on his priority list. Who wouldn't want that, eh? Why let Emmit steal all the glory?

He wasn't just flapping his gums yammering about the 60's Celtics. He isn't being questioned on his coaching ability, all the people predicting his imminent return to the bench and be the savior prove that.

But coaching has never been his only goal. He left the Knicks because of it and he turned the Heat over to SVG because he wanted to prove that he was able to master other difficult challenges. Just because Shaq laid a turd in the punchbowl and interrupted his plan doesn't mean he's eager to go 0 for 2 in the hand picked successor route. Rest assured you're wrong.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I'm curious, what exactly is your basis for saying that Riley doesn't want to coach again? I've always gotten the impression that he does want to coach, but only when the team is already in position to compete for a title. It doesn't seem at all far-fetched to me that a year or two after down the road when the Heat have some of the missing pieces in place and are primed to steamroll their way to the finals that he would return to coaching.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote