View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 05:03 AM   #137
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
The only way his defense would be negatively affected is if an injury forced him out of the game or if an injury prevented him from being him. The rib injury didn't keep him from diving and jumping though as instinct took over those final few regular season games and playoffs.

Regarding the Greinke trade, I think you would gut the clubhouse chemistry by losing Elvis (it also means you are looking for a new leadoff hitter). I can't argue about defense, because someone like Ramirez is right there with Andrus. With that said, I would likewise doubt that is even close to enough for KC considering what they have been asking for.

Would I do it if chemistry wasn't crushed and another SS was brought in with similar defensive abilities considering our minor league talent at SS? Yes, as Grienke is an ace or a notch just below an ace and those guys don't grow on trees. With that said, I know chemistry would be affected, getting that type of SS would be difficult, and KC wouldn't bite, even with Elvis' stock as high as it is after his great playoff performance.
An injury wouldnt effect him but wear and tear on his knees slows him down(as it did even last year). Josh hamilton has never been able to be an effective cfer for a full season and i see no reason to try to make him into one. Hes one of the best players in baseball as a great defensive cofer with an amazing stick.

As for elvis he has nearly no value as an offensive player if hes not hitting 330(which he did in the playoffs but i dont believe he can sustain over a season). There are several people in our own lineup id prefer batting leadoff instead of him
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote