View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #111
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I also dont think Iggy would kill the chemistry. Iggys only weakness is a shaky jumper but lets be honest Butler is also far away from a kickass midrange game.

In every other category Iggy holds an advantage:
defending
passing
transition
slashing/getting to the line (another step away from "do or die with the jumpshot")
durability
Another thing is contract&age. Iggy has 4 years left, so at the end of our Dirk window he is "just" 31. If he keep Butler, Cuban wont let him just walk. He will get a Marion type deal. 4-5 years running until he is 35. That means in the 2nd half of Dirks extension we are REALLY old, almost every guy key except Chandler/Roddy being 33 or older.

Yes, Iggy isnt the scoring robin but that would be kind of just Carmella anyway. But we would have three different robins to step up: the shooter Terry, the slasher Iggy and Roddy that is able to do both.

So even with our run i do the deal (of course without Roddy or Chandler). Our defense cant get worse and i dont see how Iggy would be overall worse than Butler.
Pretty much agree on all of this. If we decide to keep Caron past the February deadline, he'll probably sign a Marion-like deal and remain an aging and declining Maverick for years to come, even though all of that is hard to foresee due to the new CBA.

It seems to me that Iggy could be the final step we need after acquiring Chandler and building up Roddy to make us a legitimate contender that's not a clear-cut underdog against the Lakers or Celtics.

However, I'm not under the impression that our FO is really going for anything since we've played great ball so far and the team's chemistry is apparently off the charts. Of course, I could be dead wrong on this.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote