View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Fish and Co. reported speculation from a source that the timetable might be in the 3-4 week

Not dogging GMC but man, look at how reporting is done nowadays. Speculation.. a source (the equipment manager?)... might be... 3-4... we'll need Dirk or Roddy himself to say it's around the corner before I believe it.
I'm less concerned (at the moment) with how reporting is done (I agree it's often sloppy) than with how it's interpreted (in the present case, unnecessarily pessimistically). In much the same way that you (and I) are going to need at least a name for the source before buying into Booby's imminent return to the rotation (if anything I think the best case scenario is that he's a couple weeks away from being cleared to run and jump, which is not the same as being cleared to play in games, but would be a significant positive step regardless), I'm going to need something more than a little bit of contextual non-news one week into December to get me thinking his season was over before it started.