View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 01:24 AM   #169
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
This would be a huge, huge move if it were to happen. I think it might put us out of the Lee sweepstakes and squarely targeted on Greinke though.
I don't believe that at all if we are only talking about an increase of 3-5m for the overall swing. If Beltre ends up getting closer to 4/75 instead of 4/60, well yeah, I could see that too. Bottom line, we had a VERY low payroll and have discussed low to mid 90s for next year. You have a lot of options if you can increase payroll 40m (even after you factor in your internal raises). Remember we have a lot of money falling off too (Harden, Molina, etc).