View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #194
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think that Evan Grant has lost his effing mind if he thinks the Ranger are going to trade that kind of package for Matt Garza.

The point of Matt Garza is that he won't be that expensive, then Evan basically endorses mortgaging the system for him.

And the four guys in his C group aren't even close to equal in value. Chris Davis is nearly worthless at this point, and Derek Holland is WAY more valuable than anyone else in that group.

Evan's a great beat writer but he continually proves that he needs to leave the analysis to others.

I'd be willing to bet that the Rangers wouldn't trade Holland or Perez straight up for Garza, much less Perez AND Holland AND Profar.

Completely nutty.

Edit to add: Well, they'd probably trade Holland for Garza. I didn't realize Garza still had three years of team control. So they probably would, but it's not a no brainer.
Man - no kidding... Seriously? You would give up one from each of that group Evan? Get the F outa here... Garza is a nice pitcher and I wouldn't be upset if he ends up on our team but you are crazy to offer a package like that. Hell, a package like that is probably enough to get Greinke, and I would have problems giving that much for him.

Regarding the reports of the Yankees offering Lee 7 years... Man, you have to back out if he requires 7 now. You just have to. That is crazy long. 6, do it... 7, shit...

Sucks to have to say that but I think Ryan should make a very comparable offer for 6 at maybe even more per year than the Yankees are offering at 7 and see if Lee favors playing in TX. Considering the tax break he would have here the contract would actually be pretty damn close.

If 7 is required though, move to Greinke.