View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #16
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Do you not understand that Roy has no meniscus left in either of his knees?
I do understand. I also understand that Roy is still averaging 35.5 minutes a game this year.

10-11 POR 19 35.5 41.1 90.3 36.7 3.0 2.8 1.1 0.5 17.7

He is averaging 17.7 pts.

I also realize that Dirk and Kidd are probably not going to have more than 5 years left in the league.

While Roys contract is horrid --- since he has no meniscus left in the knees, he will probably not play more than a few more years. Maybe only playing him 25 minutes a game would help extend it.

The question is --- will Portland move him because of his bad knees for next to nothing (basically give him away)...... and if so, will he hold up long enough to put the team over the top.

Let's face it -- Roy would be the best SG this team has seen since Ro (maybe better and my apologies to Fin in his prime).

Kidd, Roy, Marion, Dirk, Chandler --- would be very tough.
If you could get Camby and Fernandez without giving up Terry, or Roddy -- then you could end up with a lineup:

Kidd, Roy, Marion, Dirk, Chandler
Terry, Roddy, Fernandez, Camby

Stacked with starters and backups come playoff time.

**** Admittedly this is a total Win Now mentality with a massive blow up in a few years.

Roy's BYC seems to kill everything though -- at least making it tough.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 12-10-2010 at 12:09 PM.
dalmations202 is online now   Reply With Quote