View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 01:48 AM   #290
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Well, the Rangers traded for him. The Rangers won with him. The Rangers offered him insane money to stay. One place for his heart could be...I don't know...here?
You can replace "Rangers" with "Phillies" at every point in this quote and it remains true.

And yes you will come back with "they traded him". But they also offered him a contract extension before trading him that he turned down because he wanted free agency.

He chose one set of former teammates over another. This is nothing but bitterness from you. And I get that. But don't make it out to be about him, because it's not. He didn't owe the Rangers anything.

Really, no athlete owes his team anything. It's a business. But Cliff Lee REALLY doesn't owe any team anything. He's been moved around like a hired gun and this was his one shot to sign a big contract and choose where he wanted to play. Degrading him for that is ridiculous.

If the Yankees had offered him the most money and he'd taken it you probably would have dinged him for that too.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote