View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 01:51 AM   #293
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think you're way off base in saying they were embarrassed.

If they'd been swept in four completely uncompetitive games I could maybe see your argument to a certain extent.

But overall your argument really doesn't make much sense. He's leaving a team that made the World Series for another that didn't, and you're claiming that part of his reasoning is because of how poorly (you think) the Rangers showed themselves in the series. That doesn't track with me at all. The only way that makes sense is if the Rangers lost to the team that he left for.
No. All I have been claiming is that IF the Rangers had made it a hard fought tooth and nail series swapping wins but coming up shot, that I imagine it would have weighed differently on him than the turnout we did witness in reality where the ranger bats whimpered into the night game after game. Which you are claiming is again and again is a senseless notion. Which I honestly find insulting. How would almost winning not weigh on your mind differently than getting there and completely whiffing.

He is leaving a team that didn't get enough Wins in the world series for a team that he rightly sees as an undeniable favorite with his addition.

I'm basing my opinion on the supposition that I have a certain degree of understanding of the highly competitive mind. Maybe that does not compute with you for some reason, but that does not make a nonsensical notion.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 12-14-2010 at 01:55 AM. Reason: to add "ing"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote