View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #412
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
If he can post a .340 obp over the course of a full season next year, then I'd just assume put him in the lineup every day.
Yeah, there is definitely the argument to be made that his great patience at the plate is a welcome addition to this lineup. With that said, I am more making the recommendation I am to improve our defense at 3B to better help our pitchers next year. I am also doing it because I would like to see a better line than 15/60 out of our first baseman. Getting on base via the walk is nice, absolutely, but when Torrealba/Borbon follows you I can envision him being stranded regularly.

Again, a case is there to give him the job though and I know that. I just think considering we are looking at option B/C now instead of where we wanted to be, improving the team as much as possible needs to be our focus.