Thread: Palin Myths
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #30
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
What happens if "none of the above" wins? Are we then governed by an empty room? Would that be better?
I might just turn out to vote for an empty room. It's pretty ridiculous that the Spectacle has spewed forth actors, and now reality TV stars, as political candidates and people don't seem to get it yet. While you're engaging in rhetoric and arguing over who should be the actor/talking-head to lead you (cue sheep sounds), you are being looted blind. Now that's willful ignorance.

The same exact policies enacted for the past 80 years, pushing towards a neo-liberal magnum opus, are finally showing their faces... and most Americans are too stupid to understand what's happening. It's like the Jonestown followers arguing over which flavor of Kool-Aid they want to drink. Both parties take their marching orders from the same people who are economically destroying this country.

The same exact agenda of destabilizing a country has unfolded here before, with Europe fomenting the Civil War with massive amounts of treasure. Lincoln, despite his warts, understood what was happening... and he was taken out for it. The same can be said for Kennedy and his decision to get out of Vietnam. If we actually had a president who opposed the oligarchy, they would be dispatched accordingly.

I don't pretend to have the answers for anyone other than myself. Polarizing oneself over what amounts to a drawn-out episode of TV drama just seems asinine to me. There will always be those who choose the bread and circuses over working their asses off to experience at least some modicum of liberty. I guess that it's just going to take a jackboot in the throat, or a routine strip-search before boarding a plane for them to lose their illusions and start creating space for a more abundant and prosperous reality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_rule

Last edited by ribosoma; 12-16-2010 at 12:51 AM.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote