Thread: Palin Myths
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #40
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
There may be some hyperbole there but I think because half of her fame and press is about her looks vs. her credentials, which remains as void as ever. Just look at this thread. Nobody takes her seriously as a politician or as a leader but as a piece of milfy ass? Sure! Unless things change alot, if she were to be elected, I believe it would promote or re-enforce the belief women get to where they are via self-promotion (creating controversy) and physical beauty rather than the gray stuff between their ears.

I am not big on politics in general so I can't produce a long list of more qualified candidates but as far as the process of evening the field, getting someone like Condi Rice into the White House, for example, would increase the chances of getting more smart and credential/accomplishment-based women into prominent lawmaking positions than electing Palin.

I may be completely wrong. Maybe just getting the first one in the door is all that counts.

But I may be completely right. Has the leadership at the state positions in Alaska shifted more female post-Palin? (small sample I know but what else do we have?).

Just a question? (not a rip at you rabbit)

Can you give me one name of a person who is qualified to be Commander in Chief of the US Military and President of the United States : since Dwight David Eisenhower?

Reported Ties???
JFK - organized crime
LBJ - big money, Vietnam, CIA coverups
Nixon - tricky dicky - need I say more, Watergate
Ford - not even elected by the people
Carter - buffoon -- left hostages in Iran
Reagan - good actor - Iran Contra
Bush Sr - liar
Clinton - impeachment, liar, murderer, Travelgate, White Water, Bin Laden
Bush Jr - war monger, from family of professional politicians, 911
Obama - Chicago mafia, may not even be a US citizen

Can you tell me which one of the ELITE gentlemen was in any way qualified to take control of the US Military machine and become the Commander in Chief?

Anyone think any of these guys is that much better than an ex- Beauty Pageant winner who lives in Alaska. (I am not sure she or any one else could be any worse than what we have had already.)

I mean -- I am so impressed with the system we have here in America that the best we can do is elect people based on "promises they can't keep", how cute they look on TV, and how we should vote because some news bunch tries to get more viewers by selling the DIRT.

Just a FYI -- why is Palin still in the news? Like her or dislike her -- to me it is much like Mike Fisher getting his own thread --- WHY???? Just not that important and not that much news.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote