Thread: Kevin Martin
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #97
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
Kevin Martin has never played on a team that was worth a crap. This, combined with absolutely nothing on the defensive end of the floor - and I mean nothing - keeps me from getting too excited about Martin.

For a team that needs somebody desperately to fill the basket, Martin has a lot of value. But Dallas isn't in that position. Could they use him? Absolutely. But under the right circumstances.

He's a guy shooting 44% on a 10-15 team. The one thing he does better than anyone in Dallas right now is get to the FT line.

But it sure makes me nervous. This guy is right there with Shareef Abdur Rahim and Mitch Richmond in terms of good stats on bad teams.
I concur with some of your concerns regarding Martin. But stating that we don't desperately need an offensive player of his caliber is simply not true. The Mavs are currently ranked 16th in the NBA in PPG (not pace adjusted). Our offense is middle of the pack.

We still don't have a second option, and when the playoffs comes, teams are going to double Dirk hard and rely on Kidd, Terry and Butler to beat them with jumpshots. And as we've seen, that aint gonna happen.

I would without a moment's hesitation do Martin for DeShawn (even though he's my 2nd favorite player on the team)/Wood. Roddy would require some thought.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote