Thread: Kevin Martin
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #186
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You definitely have a point, but Houston has more need of Haywood than we have of Martin (especially with Gortat off the market), so the "better overall player" doesn't have as much leverage as it usually would.

Not that I'm against Miller either - I'm mostly against the word "insist". He'd definitely be a better insurance policy behind Chandler than Mahinmi, and could be useful behind Dirk since Marion would play exclusively at the 3 if Butler is shipped.
I haven't really had a good chance to assess the situation around the league, but I'm guessing Haywood isn't the only real center on the market but based on perception...he's probably the most likely one that could be available.

I know going up against Dirk is a bad frame of reference but Miller can't hang outside of 5-8 feet from the basket on defense...from what I remember, that lateral movement is scary bad.