Thread: Kevin Martin
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #198
dash

dash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnNow View Post
KBerg_CBS Ken Berger
Source correcting me: #Rockets didn't offer Kevin Martin for Gortat. They specifically wouldn't offer him.

Not just Ingram... If the Rockets wouldn't offer Martin for a younger center who is hungry for minutes and is better at freethrows, with a better contract, I have my doubts that they will take Haywood. Do the Rockets have interest in Haywood? Probably. Do the Mavs covet Martin? Very possible. But that doesn't mean that the Rockets are willing to trade one for the other.
Yep, Martin is actually the very last player the Rockets would want to move. Martin is in the top 8 in points per game in the NBA (he only plays 30 minutes and 2nd in ppg in the 48 minutes stat), I highly doubt they trade someone of his ability for a guy like Haywood. My guess is the Rockets view Martin as the ideal sidekick and want to keep him around if they ever do acquire a star via trade or draft. If you read the thread on this 'rumor' at the Rockets board, just about everyone laughed at it.

Gortat is the slightly better player than Haywood and the Rockets never offered Martin in ANY trade scenario. Beaubois is a very nice young player but the Rockets already have Aaron Brooks, Kyle Lowry, Chase Budinger, Courtney Lee, Martin and also the recently acquired Terrence Williams that play the 2 backcourt positions. No room at all for Beaubois as he would likely be buried at the end of the bench.
dash is offline   Reply With Quote