View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #434
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well, unfortunately the people saying the Rangers system didn't match up well with that the Royal wanted appear to have been right.

At this point, I think I sign a DH, sign Brandon Webb to be a lottery ticket, and head into the season looking to be opportunistic at the deadline (again).
Yeah, while its a disappointing offseason, I don't think the front office is to blame. They were rejected by Kansas City, and they were rejected by Cliff Lee, and they were rejected because they refused to be ridiculous. 7 years to Lee is pretty ridiculous. Offering Elvis Andrus is a trade (not proven, but AJM mentioned that they KC might have been wanting him) would have been ridiculous. Don't blame them.

Its too bad that's about it for all the players on the market. There's some decent pieces, but nothing that is likely to make a significant impact. However, this team was going to win the division easily last year without Cliff Lee, so while the rotation may be a little weak and unproven, this is still a really good club...missing out of Lee and Grienke does not return us to 84-80 status finishing third in the division. Not at all.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote