View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #594
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Looking at the Cowboys stuff I found on that site...maybe I'm being a dick, but this sort of stuff just grates me:

There are errors you can just gloss over, because you know what the writer means. But man...you can't gloss over that. It really, really grates me that a site purporting to be a legitimate news source would put crap like that out there.

BG, I will give you props along these lines. I don't know if you need/use an editor or if you just get it right the first time yourself, but your articles are remarkably free from errors of this sort. In fact, they are remarkably free of errors of most any kind. I really appreciate that about your work.

As a sort of "vis a vis," if you read cowboysnation.com, which is Rafael Vela's (very, very good) Cowboys font for information, you won't get very far without wondering why he doesn't get someone to proofread his sloppy copy.
Thanks for the praise. We have an editor, but I think my stuff is minimal...it's mainly just me, so thank you.

I'm not really sure of the original source of the site...it's just directed off of something I follow on twitter but the Mavs information is legit. I saw two reliable people talking to Roddy today but I was talking to a media relations person at the time and Roddy just snuck behind me.