View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #199
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Booby Gibson?

Or any PG prospects. I am weary of another Kidd burnout and JJB is the only PG behind him. I already don't like the idea of having to rely on JJB for 15 minutes in a playoff game, much less 20+. I notice we already have Kidd dig deep when we are in a tight game anyways so in part this is to help prevent a burnout.

We have the cushion to absorb a SG/SF/C loss. I also think we have the offensive balance to survive a subpar Dirk shooting night or two but if Kidd breaks down.. who can orchestrate this campaign for Dallas?

Yeah, when BG asked for trade ideas, PG's kept popping into my head... Not only should we replace Barea if we want to make a serious run in the playoffs, but we really need to start thinking about replacing Kidd soon. I can see him being useful as a backup in this league for several more years, but this could very well be his last season as a starter, especially if there's a lockout next season...

Guys like Paul/Nash/Baron sound great, but they're either too hard to acquire or they'd be a bad fit on this team... There's probably a slew of backup PG's out there who are better than JJB, but there aren't many who could succeed Jason Kidd as a starter...

So what about Ricky Rubio? What's the story with that kid? Would he ditch Barcelona for Dallas or is he dead-set on going to a city like New York? What would it take to pry his rights away from Minny? Does the following information concerning a new CBA give us any leverage to make a deal now?
Quote:
Under the current NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement, when Rubio arrives in the NBA he will be subject to the rookie wage scale of the year he signs his contract. In the current CBA, there is a clause that states if Rubio were to play overseas for three or more years, he could negotiate past the rookie scale. The current CBA ends before Rubio could negotiate a raise, however, and it is widely thought that the new CBA will be worse for players (including foreign draft picks), not better. He will also be two years further away from restricted free agency by playing two years in Europe.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote