View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #452
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
I truly can't understand how anyone could be upset with the Rhodes signing. Not even slightly so. Dude has been a stud for 3 straight years.

Webb might be something or he might be a huge bust. The difference between this and last year with Harden is that Webb's contract only has 3M guaranteed vs. Harden's 6.5M-7M that we threw away in 2010. Simply put, he is a low risk, high reward guy.

Best case? Hell, we could get a true ace again as we had with Lee and have a 20+ game winner that, while 32, has only 30 years of wear on his tires. Worst case? We cut him after a few rough starts and cut our losses instead of dealing with a number of horrible starts as we did with Harden.

Cross your fingers. This could be tremendous and prove to be better than keeping Lee or could be what pushes us into 2nd/3rd place in the division. It just depends on how our younger guys pitch in the 4th/5th spots (assuming you want to pencil Webb in as the #3 - a long shot for sure).
I'm not upset about Rhodes, just not excited by it. He was much less lights out in the second half last year but maybe that was due to overuse (like Oliver).

As for Webb, I like the signing but I'm not sure how this could possibly work out better than keeping Lee.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote