Thread: Johnny Flynn
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #6
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Flynn is probably a better overall player than Barea. This season's stats don't really mean a lot so far because he's still working his way back from an injury, but I believe last season as a rookie he posted better numbers than Barea probably ever will. So to replace JJ with him would definitely be an upgrade on paper. Not sure how he'd handle the playoffs but I'd be willing to give him a look long-term as possibly a fringe starter or high level role player.

That said, the Wolves are not actively looking to shop him from what I've heard (my entire family is from Minnesota). It's more like every young team in the league is looking for a long-term solution at point guard and knows that Minnesota would listen to offers. I believe that I've read that the Wolves are expecting Rubio to come over next season, so them looking to shore up the 2 or 5 would make sense.

But getting just Mahinmi and a 2nd is idiotic from their standpoint. Just last year he was a #6 pick who happened to have a pretty respectable rookie season (which was simply overshadowed by a strong rookie class). If the Wolves trade Flynn to the Mavericks, they're either A) also getting rid of a contract they don't want, B) getting Roddy, C) getting a handful of picks or D) all of the above.

Now personally, I don't think that Kahn has done a GREAT job with the Wolves, but he has gotten into town and cleared a lot of capspace and will be spending this season evaluating the young guys that he has. I don't expect he's just going to give away a guy that he handpicked just to get rid of him.

Last edited by spreedom; 12-29-2010 at 11:34 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote