View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #176
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
It looks like you and Chum already have a couple of pet cats and that's why you're wringing your hands over dropping a few spots. I wouldn't draft an offensive skill player in the first couple of rounds but beyond that there's not much we couldn't use. I'd be ok with a corner but it's not a must with that pick.

As far as those two players go off the top of my head I can't recall two CB's going in the top 8. Usually teams are looking for QB's or size that high up in the draft. It could happen I guess but you really can't accurately slot corners until they run.
Scanning over the last ten years or so, it appears that more often than not you have the first DB going around 6 to 8 and the next one going around #10 or so. There was one year where the first DB went in the mid-teens. Name was Darrell Revis.

Most years you probably have OL going pretty high, though, and I don't know that we will see that this year. Maybe QB and WR will populate much of the top ten.

If the corners are gone when we pick, I'm guessing that DL would have some value. However, I would think that we need DB help much more than DL.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote