View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #60
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
His defense has always been bad, and he almost always shoots better in the fourth. He had two made baskets, an FT, and a missed basket in the last 6 minutes of the game. So he was 7/13 for 14 points before that. Let's not act like he substantially padded his stats from an awful game to an okay one in garbage time. Those stats certainly aren't mindblowingly awesome, but that's not the kind of game that should fairly get an NBA player (short of maybe a superstar) called out.

Obviously the guy is dependent on Dirk, and obviously I wish he would play better and more consistently. I just think this was a strange game to post your remark. I wouldn't affirmatively praise him for his game, but it certainly wasn't "below average." 14-19 points on over 50% shooting is "below average" for Dirk, not Jason Terry (or any other Maverick).
When teams put pressure on Terry and guard him with a tall, athletic wing player who is trying hard, he's pretty well worthless. OKC ratcheted up the pressure in the 3rd, and Terry couldn't do anything.

This team needs a second scorer. Relying on Terry to be anything more than a 6th man will be disastrous. He can't be trusted, and this whole "Mr. 4th Quarter" thing is just fool's gold. If he's consistently on the floor on the 4th quarter in the playoffs, this team is in trouble.