View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
I'm afraid the scenario BG describes causes Underdog's assumption as it relates to our championship hopes to be less likely.

We could play Dirk around 38 minutes in the playoffs, let Marion back him up for 10 minutes and play him another 25 minutes at the 3. That would leave DeShawn to play 23 minutes at the small forward spot.

I'm not sure that's good enough to be a championship team. Our forward rotation wouldn't be as good as it was prior to Caron's injury, Marion and DeShawn would have to play out of position and we would be in major trouble with one of those three guys in foul trouble. Dirk has been in foul trouble before and it should happen to Marion and DeShawn as well due to them having to guard the other teams' best players.

Right now, I'm just "hopeful" we can win a ring with Dirk and Roddy back. Signing another small forward or combo forward would turn me into a "confident" fan.
Saying the forward rotation wouldn't be as good as it was prior is pretty obvious. Marion is comfortable switching between the 3 and the 4 but he feels he's best used as a 4. I would say DeShawn is the player who might be out of position, but based on the SG going with him, it actually doesn't change his role offensively. Defensively, he might have to guard a player a little bigger than him but he's likely staying with the top scoring threat or second...so that's not new.