View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

I figured I would respond to this because I've depressed before. Twelve years ago today my dad died. I was only 11 years old at the time. Anyway, after he died, I became depressed and developed an anger problem. I had to see therapists and luckily I was never put on medication. I'm STRONGLY against medication for those who are depressed because I believe it makes the situation worse. ( My opinion based on someone I know who has been on medication for depression.) Anyhow, one day I realized that I was wasting my time being pissed and depressed about everything. I thought going to therapy was stupid and to this day I still feel all therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists etc are absolute morons. Again, that's just my opinion.
Here is my advice to you. YOU control your life and how you live it. No situation, no experience, should force you to be bummed out all the time. Don't let whatever has happened to you control your emotions. I obviously don't know your situation but to be frank, it's ridiculous to let whatever it is allow you to be depressed. Changing how you feel isn't going to happen overnight because it's definitely something you have to work on.
I'm not trying to be mean, but all this is coming from someone who has been depressed, angry and suicidal and I think that being completely blunt could possibly be the only way to open your eyes.

I hope all goes well with you and that you'll be able to get past and move on from whatever it is that is making you feel this way. Only you can change it.

Last edited by AngieO41; 01-08-2011 at 07:32 PM.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote