View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #431
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Its a butt-load of money and "too much change" trading Terry away.

Cuban, Dirk etc are too much in love with Terry, so im pretty sure it will be either a minor trade or maximum Butler+roleplayer.
I would give up terry in a heart beat if we could avoid giving up Roddy. If we have the ability to possibly get 2 guys that are of the same caliber as AI and Crash then I wouldn't think twice. Trust me, I am factoring in the fact that he is one of, if not the biggest emotional/physical leaders on this team, in addition to the fact that he's a fan favorite. But here's the facts. Jason Terry is a jump shooter, albeit a good one, he no longer has the quickness to get his shot off against the best defensive teams in this league. There are reasons he is great during the regular season, yet has seemed to disappear in the playoffs the last few years. Most teams are not in-sync enough, or talented enough defensively to effectively defend Jet during the regular season. However, when you get to the playoffs, virtually every team you play in the later rounds is a defensive juggernaut. Against these defensive-minded teams, Terry just can't get good looks. We all know the Mavs don't keep Jet around for his defensive, and if he can't perform offensively in the playoffs, we need to trade him while he still has some trade value.

We may not even be able to get rid Terry, he may not have a lot of trade value. But I do know that his trade value is higher now than it will be at almost any point in the future. I think that when Roddy comes back he will be able to do anything Jet can do, and do it better. He won't be the leader that Jet is, but his performance will more than make up for Jet's absence, if we actually did have the ability to get rid of him.

I'd also really try to see if we can get rid of Stevenson right now. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely LOVED what he has brought to the team this year. His 3pt shooting is absolutely ridiculous. However, in all reality, Stevenson's shooting WILL come back to earth, the only question is when. Right now, his trade value has never been higher. Teams have seen him as a legitimate 3 point threat, and he has been a lock down defender. I'm willing to bet that for once in the last 4 years, teams are seeing Stevenson as a possible asset, instead of the liability that we assumed him to be when we got him from Charlotte.

Take this post with a grain of salt, this is obviously completely speculation based on a far-from-sober fan's observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote